2013/07/24 Leave a comment
Our HTTP checks for website monitoring at NodePing already include our standard HTTP Check, the HTTP Content Check that lets you verify that specific content is present or is not present in the page, and the HTTP Parse Check that allows you to track and alert on arbitrary data points in the response. Today we’re excited to announce that we’re adding the HTTP Advanced Check to our HTTP line up.
The new HTTP Advanced Check adds the following capabilities:
- simulate a form POST to your web site and verify the expected response
- check for arbitrary HTTP response status codes for custom API servers
- send HTTP headers
- verify specific HTTP headers are being received
- send PUT, DELETE, HEAD, TRACE, or CONNECT methods
This will allow you to do more in-depth monitoring of your HTTP services. Use cases may include:
- POST incorrect credentials to log in pages and verify the HTTP status code of 403 is returned.
- Send mobile browser User-Agent headers and use the content checking to verify the mobile version of your site is being shown
- Verify a PDF link is returning a PDF file by checking the return header for the correct ‘Content-Type’:'application/pdf’
- Verify your redirect script is returning a 302 status code and not an error.
Additional information about this new check type can be found in our documentation.
The HTTP Advanced check is now available on all NodePing accounts. All accounts also include unlimited notifications, including international SMS. If you don’t have a NodePing account yet, please sign up for our free 15-day free trial.